Kings County birds

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012
      Just back home from looking at the juvenile Gray Hawk and the Grace's Warbler in Santa Barbara County. On my way home, I stopped at the NW corner of the northernmost pond at Jersey/Kent Aves off Hwy 41 south of Lemoore and heard the Swamp Sparrow call. Lomax and I probably saw the bird fly but it stayed hidden otherwise.

      We saw the Eastern Phoebe at the east edge of the large pond on Elgin Ave between 23 and 24th Ave....or St.? this area is several miles NW of Lemoore.

      Photos are on my Recent Photos Gallery

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695