Pacific Wren - Putah Creek

  • W.L. Rockey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012
      This afternoon I stopped by the Positas Rd. spot along Putah Creek in Yolo
      county. I heard some Pacific Wren call notes, and I was able to view the
      bird at the base of the waterfall coming out of the drainage pipe. I assume
      this is the same one reported by Daryl Coldren on Nov. 24th. I walked down
      the road a ways without detecting the Winter Wren, but I didn't search for
      long. There were also a couple very vocal Phainopeplas in the area.

      Will Rockey
      Esparto, CA