possible magnolia warbler along Putah Creek, Yolo County

  • John and Glennah Trochet
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      Dear Birders,

      This morning about 07:40 I heard repeatedly call notes and songs that
      reminded me very much of magnolia warbler. The location was the grove of
      trees immediately below the intersection of Hopkins and Levee Roads just
      west of the UC Davis campus, and thence downsteam for about 50 meters. It
      moved a handful of times among the trees there, sticking to the oaks.
      After a couple of minutes the bird fell silent. I never got any kind of
      look, other than partial silhouettes in the tree tops. I tried again from
      08:45 to 09:00 but I didn't see ot here the bird again.

      Best,
      John Trochet

      --
      John Trochet