Blue Jay back This Morning

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      Denise said that the Blue Jay was seen at the water feeder this morning at around 8:00am in their backyard. She also said that people are still welcome to come by and try to see it. I believe the address is 1244 Stanley Ave here in Chico. There were chairs on the left side of the house last time I was there.

      Steve King
      Butte County
    • Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
        One wonders whether the lack of peanuts has anything to do with the bird
        not being seen as much anymore. When we were there the word was that
        everyone should bring some peanuts to provide for the birds. But later
        it was reported that all the Scrub Jays were so aggressive in getting
        the peanuts that the Blue Jay was not able to get in to them, so they
        stopped with the peanuts.

        Bob Yutzy
        Shasta, CA

        On 2/1/2012 5:29 PM, Steve wrote:
        > Denise said that the Blue Jay was seen at the water feeder this morning at around 8:00am in their backyard. She also said that people are still welcome to come by and try to see it. I believe the address is 1244 Stanley Ave here in Chico. There were chairs on the left side of the house last time I was there.
        >
        > Steve King
        > Butte County

        Bob& Carol Yutzy
        Shasta, CA

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
          Denise says they are putting out peanuts for the Blue Jay. I am pretty sure they did stop putting out peanuts when the Scrub Jays got aggressive. And I am not sure when they started again.

          I will post any other information on sighting that might come my way.

          Steve King
          Chico