YBSA in Downtown Sacramento

  • Clifford Hawley
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hi birders,

      This morning at the lightrail stop at 12th and O St in Downtown Sacramento,
      I heard and then was able to briefly see a juvenile plumaged Yellow-bellied
      Sapsucker. The softer, nasally mew call caught my attention and I was able
      to get brief views of the bird fairly high up. My train came shortly after
      and the bird moved around the branch and out of view. This is an odd spot
      and I have never seen any sapsucker workings here before so I have no idea
      how long the bird will stick. My sighting was at about 9:37 am, right
      before the 9:39 am train. Good birding.

      Cliff

      --
      Clifford Hawley