An Odd Request From England

  • Cheri Pillsbury
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi All,

      A birder friend in England contacted me wanting to know who the Canfield is
      that the Canfield's Quail was named after. He says that was the previous
      name of the California Quail (news to me!). Apparently he's searched the net
      and his library but can't find the information.

      So, if anyone knows who (Mr.) Canfield was, please let me know and I'll pass
      it on.

      Thank you,
      Cheri Pillsbury