Tejon Ranch field trip results

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      On June 14th, the Central Valley Bird Club had a field trip to the Tejon Ranch in southern Kern County. We were ably guided by Mike White and Phoebe Prather of the Tejon Ranch Conservancy (a non-profit organization). The weather was perfect and the roads were in great condition. The most abundant species seen or heard throughout the day were Lazuli Buntings and Lawrence's Goldfinches. Toward the end of the day a distant California Condor and several nesting Purple Martins put on a show for the group. I really enjoyed the group of 14 of us with our two guides--a really nice bunch of birding companions.

      I want to express my gratitude to the Conservancy's Lauren DiScipio for inviting the club and to our wonderful hosts, Mike and Phoebe, for working on Saturday and making sure that we all had a good time.

      John

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695