Yolo County: Tundra wans

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
      Valley Birders: I observed 7 Tundra Swans flying over my house this morning (07:35am; 1 April 2011). The Checklist of the Birds of Yolo County indicates that Tundra Swans are absent in late March and April.

      Cheers
      Ed Whisler
      Davis, CA
    • H McKnight
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
        CVBirders,
        Just a quick report from the Port of Sacramento. Not much out of the ordinary, but over the last week or so the mixed wintering gull flock has almost completely dispersed. In its place in the deep water turning basin is a group of 14 Western Grebes, which have joined the 2 overwintering individuals. My highlight for today was a flyover group of 3 Long-billed Curlews, my first for the Port. The local Barn Owl pair is quite active right now, and nesting Red-tailed Hawks, Cliff, and Barn Swallows are all setting up shop.
        Magill Weber, Sacramento