Putah Creek survey this morning

  • John and Glennah Trochet
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      Dear Birders,

      I conducted one of our autumn transect surveys along Putah Creek in Yolo
      County near Winters this morning. Highlights included at least four
      red-breasted nuthatches, two western tanagers, three purple finches and 12
      pine siskins. The siskins, with one exception, were found roosting in some
      conifers at the property owners' home, and they all flew out to the north
      around sunrise.

      Best,
      John Trochet
      --