Lingering Redstart

  • cathyclc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hi everyone,
      Just a note to let you know the American Redstart is still in
      Reichmuth Park, so if you haven't seen him yet there's still a
      chance! Today (March 31) around 3:00 pm, my sister and I went out to
      see if we could find him and we spotted him right away. We watched
      the gorgeous little warbler for 10 or 15 minutes before losing sight
      of him deep in the willow thicket. We stayed in the park for about
      two hours and never did refind the redstart, so we considered
      ourselves fortunate to have gotten the extended look at the beginning
      of our outing. My sister was thrilled...this was her first sighting
      of the redstart and she was afraid she had waited too long and missed
      her chance. The redstart seems to stay in the northwest tip of the
      nature area at the south end of the park for those of you who might
      still want to try and find him...
      Good Birding! ~Cathy Corcoran