Davis migrants

  • tertial
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2009
      I took a break from stints today and birded in north Davis. A 40 minute walk showed migration still in full swing:

      3 Willow Fly
      1 Pac-slope Fly
      7 House Wrens
      4 Warbling Vireos
      7 Wilson's Warblers (big surge after the same lull noted by Manfred)
      1 Yellow
      1 Orange-cr
      1 MacGillivray's
      1 Black-thr Gray
      1 Common Yellowthroat (first of fall here)
      7 Western Tanager

      good birding,

      Steve Hampton
      Davis, CA
    • Perrone, Michael@DWR
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 5, 2015

        Yesterday (Oct 4) around my home in east Davis were a Lewis’ woodpecker, golden-crowned kinglet, and warbling vireo.  Offhand, I cannot recall another time when I found the latter two species on the same day in Yolo County.

        Michael Perrone

        Department of Water Resources

        Division of Environmental Services

        3500 Industrial Blvd