Yolo hooded gull still here

  • Adamson, Roger
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      About 15 of us observed the hooded gull today on the levee at the Davis oxidation ponds from about 10:30 to 11:15. We could not reach a definite ID from our looks at the bird. Striking features to me were a prominent wide black tail band, very smudgy neck, primaries appeared to be smoothly graded gray to black tips. I have a couple of unsatisfactory digiscoped images, but may go back later today to try for something better. More later regarding the whole field trip.
      Roger Adamson
      Davis