Band-tailed Pigeon

  • SallyWalters DonSchmoldt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
      Good morning all - just a few minutes ago, Sally and I observed a Band-
      tailed pigeon at our feeder in River Park, Sacramento. A bit of a
      mind blower!

      Cheers, Don and Sally
      Sacramento, CA
    • Sally Walters&Don Schmoldt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2010
        Yesterday, April 28th, we observed a band-tailed pigeon at our feeder
        in east Sacramento (River Park). Of interest is that we observed a
        band-tailed pigeon at our feeder last year (2009) on May 1st.
        Possibly the same bird!? or remarkable coincidence? Cheers and good
        birding, Don and Sally, Sacramento, CA

        Sally Walters & Don Schmoldt
        Sacramento CA
        BajaOwl@...
      • John Harris
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2014
          This morning I had a lone Band-tailed Pigeon on top of a dead cottonwood on the edge of our yard, about 4 miles east of Oakdale. The bird was there for about 10 minutes, then flew off toward the Stanislaus River, with a group of starlings in pursuit. This is the second one reported this fall on the valley floor in our county, so it is worth looking for them in the parks along the river.
          This bird lacked a white collar, so is a juvenile.
          I got a couple of so-so photos, which I've posted here:

          John Harris
          Oakdale