Four dark morph unknown buteos @ Sac By-pass Wildlife area 3/30 & 31/09

  • markwarforddpm@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009
      I can't identify 4 very dark buteos seen the last 2 mornings next to the CHP Academy in the Sac bypass. I have a # of photos of two different birds perched & in flight. There were 2 pairs of mated birds spotted in tall Cottonwood trees. Per my books, Harlan's Redtail is the closest match. But how likely is that? They all lack a white chin, so a dark morh Swainson's, which would be the most likely ID, is also unlikely? Any ideas? Request photos to my email.
      Mark Warford
      markwarforddpm@...