18733Greatrer Roadrunner in Putah Creek Canyon

  • Andy Engilis, Jr.
    Jun 19, 2014

      This morning at around 6:30 am, while conducting a bird survey, I heard a Greater Roadrunner calling (cooing call) for well over two minutes from the hillside on Solano County side just above Fishing Access 4.  There is a mowed pullout on Hwy 128 where the road bends upstream of the access parking lot.  The bird was heard only (could not find the bird) from the adjacent hillside.  This is the lowest I have encountered them on the creek, but they are recorded from the Bobcat Ranch (Yolo County Side) in this area;  periodically.

      Andy

      Andrew Engilis, Jr.

      Curator

      Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology