18703Re: [CVBirds] First Year Iceland Gull?

  • Steve Hampton
    May 26 12:04 PM
      The primaries are too dark for Iceland and the bird's bill seems too large; it is probably a Gl-W Gull or a Gl-W x Herring (based on the pale at the base of the bill).

      On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Jenner Junghans writeningbug@... [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi, All,

      I was going through my photos this morning and came across pictures I took of a gull at the Nimbus Fish Hatchery in Gold River, CA. This gull looks like a first winter Iceland Gull to me. If this is an Iceland Gull, I apologize for the extreme late posting. These photos were taken Jan 5, 2013.

      I've posted two photos (the first two shown) of the gull in question: https://www.flickr.com/photos/100118393@N06/

      Can anyone confirm or negate this identification?

      Much thanks,

      Jenner Junghans
      Sacramento County, CA

      --