18257Adult Lesser Black-backed Gull at Yolo landfill

  • wl_rockey
    Jan 7, 2014
      Hi all,

      This afternoon at 2:30 I found an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull at the Yolo county central landfill north of Davis. ebird checklist with distant photos here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16288618
      The gull flock that congregates on the pond there is visible from the levee on county Road 28H. It seems that most of the California Gulls are hanging out at the landfill whereas most of the Herring and Thayer's Gulls are at the nearby Davis Wastewater Treatment Plant levees.

      Also, at 8 a.m. this morning I saw one Vesper Sparrow at the traditional "Vesper Sparrow corner" spot on Highway 128 west of Winters.

      Good birding,
      William Rockey
      Esparto, CA
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic