      From: central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of shoppe01@...
      Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 6:27 PM
      To: shoppe01@...; central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CVBirds] Incredible number of Blue-winged Teal at YBWA

      I meant to add a note about the incredible lack of shorebirds in the bypass. And it is not for lack of water; it is too much water in almost all areas. On my visit, I had one Killdeer, four Long-billed Curlew, two Wilson's Snipe and a flyby group of eight Dowitchers (I think they were looking for suitable habitat but, finding none kept going). This is almost criminal. I have been visiting the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area since it first opened, and I have never seen it this way.

      I don't want to get too political here, so I will leave it at that.

      Scott Hoppe
      Citrus Heights

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic