Looking for info on Grandparents.

  • rainbowdraconus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2003
      I am trying to find out information on my grandparents. My
      grandfather changed his name after he came here from Bologna Italy.
      His real last name was either spelled Di Nuzzo or Di Nuzzio (It
      could also have be De Nuzzo or De Nuzzio) He was born Sept 26, 1893
      in Bologna. He came to US at age 14, with his brother around 1906
      or 1907. His name (after he changed it) was Newton Vincent Ross. I
      believe it was just the last name that was changed.

      My Grandmother is also from Bologna. Her Mother's name was
      Vincenza, Her father Anthony. Last name may have been Casale, or
      Cafero(Cafaro) She was born August 9. 1901, and came here when she
      was 2 (around 1903) She also had a brother Michael, older than she.
      She went by Mary, but told me her first name was Antoinette, that
      she had been named after her father, who died when she was a baby.

      My other Grandfather was Carmine DePascale, I do not know when he
      came over. His wife was Assunta DeCapua. She was born August 15th,
      1899. Places of birth unknown.

      If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

      Suzie

      P.S. Finding any information would be very important to me. This
      is information I want to pass on to future generations of my family.