temenos update: pride & protest, george michael, more...

  • temenos_youth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18 8:35 PM
      http://www.temenos.net

      * pride and protest across the country
      * george michael's controversial video
      * breaking up is hard to do ....
      * marching as a gay arab at pride
      * lgbti native american group is growing!

      PRIDE AND PROTEST ACROSS THE COUNTRY
      http://www.temenos.net/action.shtml
      ----------
      From Seattle to New York, Pride Parade contingents
      were fielded by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
      and Queer folk and straight allies to protest the US war
      abroad, racist profiling of Arabs, Muslims and
      South Asians and attacks on civil liberties at home.
      Warmly received, and joined by some onlookers,
      the contingents proved that LGBTQ activism is
      alive and well.

      GEORGE MICHAEL'S CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO
      http://www.temenos.net/music.shtml
      ----------
      You've already heard the controversy about George
      Michael's new video which uses parody to question
      some of our tactics in the war on terrorism. Did
      George go to far? Check out George's OUTprofile
      page, watch the video, and decide for yourself.

      BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO
      http://www.temenos.net/books.shtml
      ----------
      Dan Hazel calls his new book "The Gay Man's
      Guide for Coping when a Relationship Ends." His
      quest for the perfect white-picket fence relationship,
      though, leads him to say some disturbing things
      about those of us not looking for a strictly
      monogamous long term relationship.

      MARCHING AS A GAY ARAB AT PRIDE
      http://www.temenos.net/people.shtml
      With over 270 members and growing strong,
      this Y!Group is one of the best places on the net
      to meet other Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Intersex,
      and Two Spirit Native Americans. Check it out
      today!