Membership

  • oldmoore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      Membership is now in the Restricted Mode. It only means that anyone
      interested in this group must apply to get in. We already have two
      new members approved. This seems to work pretty good and should let
      us have more control over the spamming thayng. Thanks for that
      suggestion Raven, (it only took two slaps upside the head to wake me
      up).

      --Don
    • ravensquest1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        --- In cedarstripcanoes@y..., "oldmoore" <oldmoore@m...> wrote:
        > Membership is now in the Restricted Mode. It only means that
        anyone
        > interested in this group must apply to get in. We already have two
        > new members approved. This seems to work pretty good and should
        let
        > us have more control over the spamming thayng. Thanks for that
        > suggestion Raven, (it only took two slaps upside the head to wake
        me
        > up).
        >
        > --Don
        No problem Don,
        Our list has been restricted for some time..
        Helps keep the dead beats away to.
        I think there is a setting to place
        a new mwmber once approved on moderation on first post.
        spammers mostly make a post then gone.

        I went through my list not a big list mind you. And check a few known
        address,s out that spammers use. I had 4 on that had never made a
        post or intro in a year. But their addy came back as a media marketing
        URL.... So I booted them

        Projects.... Just finished a CLC Mill Creek 16.5
        Well please with it, to be used by a older couple not wanting to tip.
        And for general camping/fishing in salt areas and rivers..
        Nice ole sailing canoe design.
        Might build one for my self.
        Im still trying to find Yackaboo plans should anyone know where to
        get them....
        Raven