Re: Cedarstripcanoes is BACK UP

  • ssnvet637
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2002
      There are some nice features of groups which are not available with
      the converted group. I would suggest we think about transferring
      everything to the new group and abandoning this one so we can take
      advantage of polls and being able to respond to postings from our
      regular email accounts. Just my opinion, for whatever it is worth.

      Jon

      --- In cedarstripcanoes@y..., "oldmoore" <oldmoore@m...> wrote:
      > This is to let the membership know that we are back up as a group.
      We
      > hope to reach as many of the members as possible, but may not be
      able
      > to find everybody.
      >
      > We had started a new group to replace this one, but will be
      bringing
      > any new stuff over here and get up and running again.
      >
      > Hope to hear from you all again.
      >
      > --Don
    • okiephillip
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2002
        --- In cedarstripcanoes@y..., "oldmoore" <oldmoore@m...> wrote:
        > This is to let the membership know that we are back up as a group.
        We
        > hope to reach as many of the members as possible, but may not be
        able
        > to find everybody.
        >
        > We had started a new group to replace this one, but will be
        bringing
        > any new stuff over here and get up and running again.
        >
        > Hope to hear from you all again.
        >
        > --Don
      • oldmoore
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2002
          Probably something to think about Jon, but it would have to be
          hassled out with the rest of the membership.

          I missed the fact that the polls feature was not available until you
          mentioned it. It's not because of being a converted club that this
          has happened. Not sure how it did happen, but in group settings, it
          has been set for members to hide their email, which switches off the
          polls feature. It is irretrievable once that has been done.

          In that respect, the poll in stripbuiltcanoes showed 66% in favor of
          keeping emails open so (I would assume) we could keep that polls
          feature.

          We can leave stripbuiltcanoes open for awhile and see what happens.

          --Don