Member for a while, first post

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 7:34 AM
      A friend of mine built a cedar strip canoe about twenty years ago and it came out beautifully. We were to use it on a canoe camping trip we had planned but it wasn't quite finished when we had to go.
      I fell in love with the idea of building my own strip canoe but wasn't able to until a couple years ago and then we lost our house and garage, where I planned building it, to the flood of 2011. I now have nowhere to build.
      When I find a place, I plan to build a 16-17 foot canoe for canoe-camping and just cruising. The design I fell in love with is the Ojibway canoe.
      I love this group as there are so many tips for someone contemplating building their first canoe. I will continue to watch and learn from everyone here and when I am able to build my canoe I will post on the progress.