Virus alert(not on this computer)

  • Bob Barnes
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
      It seems my desktop has a virus. I am sending this out with my phone. I have change my password and am running a scan. Hopefully that will clean it up. Any other suggestions?
      Sorry about this.

      Bob
      You are never too old to learn something stupid.
    • Anthony Spezio
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
        Bob,
        It happens to all of us.
        Tony

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
          Hi Bob,
          Well, viruses are bad. There are some that will turn off scanning for themselves, so you scan but don't find it. Some that will install on your boot sector, soo, even installing a new OS will mean your new OS gets infected. Some that will remain hidden by infecting the virus scanner, telling it to report it was cleaned off! A real pain in the backside...
          For now you are moderated, so, don't be too worried if your posts are delayed. It might be someone else using your email account name, nit necessarily your account, just spoofing the sending address... Till it stops we normally leave it that way. A little more work, but not bad, otherwise.
          Thanks for the response!
          jdm