[Cedar Strip Canoes] Re: northern white cedar with knots

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 13, 2013
      Mike, Ron-

      8:1 is certainly strong, but I have successfully used 1:1 (45 degree) as the joints are low stress and reinforced by another strip on each side of it. Don't put joints where you need to twist and bend them a lot and you'll be fine. 45 degrees is a lot faster because you can do it in a miter box. The joint is less conspicuous also due to less feathering being exposed by sanding.

      Tim Greiner