Re: [Cedar Strip Canoes] Seat question?

  • James D. Marco
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2011
      Hi Luke,
      Lots'a good suggestions. For my hybrids, I don't use a seat, only a backrest. The front
      thwart works as a foot brace. I sit on a sleeping pad, I also use for sleeping.
      On one boat, I had a request for a seat of sorts. A simple contoured affair built from
      cedar. I uploaded a quick picture under our pics: Marco: Seat/Nimble Weed Seat III
      I have seen some nicer seats made from blocks of foam.
      My thoughts only . . .
      jdm

      At 09:42 AM 5/17/2011, you wrote:
      >Looking to see where to get a seat or ideas for installing a seat in my kayak? I have just finnished glassing the hull and starting on the deck and just looking where to buy a good seat for a strip built. I have been looking at Kayaks in the store (plastic type) the seat is hung from the deck I dont think this type will work for mine? If ya'll have ideas or pics that would give me an idea of how to have a good and comfortable seat installed in my Kayak. Thanks in advance!

      James Marco,
      302 Mary Lane,
      Ithaca, NY 14850
      607-273-9132