Just Some Thoughts....

  • iron_eddy
    Message 1 of 716 , Jul 5, 2001
      Will not be making a Kayak paddle(yet)...Don't
      want to be on long, straight stagnant rivers...Playing
      my way towards western Massachusetts to paddle small
      rivers with character(they're out there)...beginning my
      sophmore season as a canoe paddler...love quick water
      rivers with lots of turning and maneuvering...learning
      to visualize what can't be seen beneathe the
      waters...Things I've come to realize: Would rather paddle my
      canoe solo...made my canoe with intentions of 2 people
      always being in it...A 14 footer would maneuver much
      easier on small winding rivers than my 16 footer...With
      small winding rivers come log jam pile-ups...Portages
      over these obstacles(tight rope acts)become nightmares
      with a heavy canoe...And with quick turning an
      maneuvering I now see the usefulness of a single bladded
      Message 716 of 716 , Mar 24, 2002