Re: cold storage

  • iron_eddy
    Message 1 of 716 , Apr 15, 2001
      Hey Bikenomad_73, <br><br>I was forced to leave
      my canoe outside for the winter. The Massachusetts
      weather didn't get too cold this year(low 20's was the
      average temp). It was tarped with plastic and supported
      upside down on saw horses. The canoe was tucked away in
      between a garden shed and a fence. It was shielded from
      the wind. Most of the snow fell from late Feb to mid
      March. <br> I had one main concern with outside canoe
      storage. Would the Plastic caned seats survive the cold.
      My other concern was whether the fiber glass would
      crack or delaminate. The plastic cane was fine. It
      showed no signs of cracking. The weave didn't lose any
      of its tauntness. It still supports my back side
      with spring. The fiber glass didn't show any signs of
      cracking or delaminating as a result of the winter weather
      conditions(both inside and outside of the canoe hull). How did
      your canoe handle the Chicago cold this past winter?
      was my first paddle of the year. It was a pleasure.
      Message 716 of 716 , Mar 24, 2002