Re: [Cedar Strip Canoes] Adirondack Freestyle Symposium

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
      --- You wrote:
      Thanks to Donna Hammond oodles and oodles of AFS photos are now
      available at http://picasaweb.google.com/seeknsun1 . Most of the
      pictures were taken by Tammy Hammond, some by Sarah Ornstein and Marc
      Ornstein.

      Marc Ornstein
      Dogpaddle Canoe Works
      Custom Canoe Paddles and Cedar Strip Canoes
      --- end of quote ---

      Thanks for all the pictures Marc. A question, who was the kid who was in so many of the pictures?

      Thanks, Corky Scott
    • Marc
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
        That was Jonathan Hammond. He is the current men’s gold medal holder. Most
        of the photos were taken by his mom (she isn’t proud or anything). The young
        girl with him in the tandem photos is my daughter, Sarah.

        Marc

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
          --- You wrote:
          That was Jonathan Hammond. He is the current men$E2s gold medal holder. Most
          of the photos were taken by his mom (she isn$E2t proud or anything). The young
          girl with him in the tandem photos is my daughter, Sarah.

          Marc
          --- end of quote ---

          They are both nice looking kids. How much did they practice together such that your daughter was confident enough to practically hang her entire body out horizontally over the gunwale?

          Corky Scott
        • Marc
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
            Corky,

            Three days of lessons together. Neither Sarah never did tandem freestyle
            before (only solo) and Jonathan had a day and a half of tandem lessons
            before this. Jonathan called me earlier today asking what I thought about he
            and Sarah competing in tandem at the freestyle nationals this fall.
            Unfortunately Sarah is away at camp for a few weeks and he’ll have to write
            to her (snail mail) to get an answer. It’s fine with me.

            Marc

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
              Thanks for posting that! Very, very cool to see folks wringing out
              their boats, also very nice to spot the various wooden canoes and
              paddles here and there. I'm spending way too much time poking through
              the albums. Please pass along my personal thanks to our intrepid
              photographer and/or photo uploader!

              Cheers,
              Kurt Maurer
              League City, Texas