Re: [Cedar Strip Canoes] Mortising with a router

  • Carel Ruysink
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17 12:20 PM
      Sorry Outlook Express distorted my "picture".
      I hope this looks better;

      ----------------
      -------II-------

      Carel.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17 12:25 PM
        --- You wrote:
        Sorry Outlook Express distorted my "picture".
        I hope this looks better;
        --- end of quote ---

        Ok, I wasn't planning to have the mortise be straight in, or vertical. I was only thinking of slanting the mortise at the same angle of the slanted tenon.

        But setting it up on a tilted drill press table, the only thing would be that the bottom of the mortise would be kind of "stepped". But as long as the mortise is deep enough, it shouldn't matter. The information on mortises says that you should leave room for a glue pocket anyway.