Re: RES: {SPAM} Re: [Cedar Strip Canoes] Re: To seal coat or not?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 31, 2007
      --- You wrote:
      Hello Corky, greetings from Brazil

      I already built a Penobscot 14 and, if you allow me an opinion, go for the
      17 project..... The 14 is a little bit too "round"..... I didn´t like the
      final shape. Maybe because I´m a "canoe guy".... :) It seems that the 17 is
      about the same width but, of course, a little longer....what will probably
      give a nicer shape. BTW, I built one penobscot 14 following the original
      instructions and a second one with strip-planking..... The second one was
      30% lighter and MUCH faster to build... But the lapstrake IS the most
      beautiful building method for boats, no doubt!

      Sorry for any english mistakes.... but I guess that nobody would understand
      portuguese here... :)

      Tony Osse
      --- end of quote ---

      Thanks for the comments Tony, and your english seems fine to me. At least you can speak more than one language.

      I actually have been thinking about the 17. It would be nice to have the extra room and you are right, it looks very similar although the interior is different.

      For those interested, here is the website: http://www.archdavisdesigns.com/davis_penobscot17.html

      I won't go any further with this subject in this group as it's devoted to cedar strip canoes.