Thanks for the invite!

  • ruparked
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      I forget how I happened to find this site but I did. I'm getting ready
      to build my first strip canoe. I have the forms and David Hazen's book
      The Strippers Guide to Canoe-building. First things first wood!!! I
      live in the San Francisco area Redwood seams the logical choice since
      my local hardware store carries it. What are the draw backs over cedar
      or fir for that matter? Has anyone used both for the color contrast?
      Any help would be apreciated. Thanks. I hope to keep a log with photos
      I hope to share. Rick