Cheater strips

  • tfurey7
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hi, my name is Tim Furey, I live in New Jersey and I am building my
      first kayak. It is a high capacity great Auk from guillemot kayaks.
      The question I have is in reference to cheater strips. In Nick
      Schade's book it says to try to work it out with cheater strips so
      that the bow and stern reach the keel at the same time. I have added
      cheater strips to the point where my strips are level (meaning I don't
      have to bend them one way or the other to make them fit). However, it
      appears as though I need at least three more cheaters on the bow to
      reach the keel at the same time as the stern. If I do this will it
      look funny?