-- HOW MUCH MOISTURE IS TOO MUCH? --

  • George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      ======================================

      Since my boat building activities (for the time being) is limited to
      warmer temperatures, I have a few concerns/questions about the affects
      (if any) of relative humidity on cedar stripping;

      - Should there be any concern about the moisture content in the cedar
      strip hull before encapsulating? And if there is, ... Are there any
      advantages/disadvantages between Winter building and Summer building in
      this regard? ... and since weight is a concern... How does it affect the
      actual overall weight of the finished craft?