Wood Song Canoes

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      For a look at a wood strip canoe that by far is the most meticulously crafted I've seen so far (I don't know how a canoe could be built with finer worksmanship), take a look at <http://www.woodsongcanoes.com/>

      It has a somewhat annoying opening page that forces you to sit through a bit of slide show before the home page actually opens up. Once the home page opens, go to "canoes", and then "detail".

      The canoes look like they were made from mahagony strips with cherry for the decks. On second thought, the decks look more like burled walnut or maple. It also looks like they spent weeks varnishing it and smoothing it out with 1000 grit sandpaper.

      Lordy, I'd be afraid to paddle in it for fear it might get scratched. The canoe looks more like a piece of art than something to go somewhere in.

      They also make wooden bowls, which likewise are pieces of art.