RE: [Cedar Strip Canoes] lapping and strip length

  • Bechard, Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
      I actually was able to get my stock(1"x8"x16' surfaced on four sides)
      through Home Depot and it was cheaper than some of the smaller local lumber
      yards in my area(Northern Illinois). They special ordered it from one of
      their suppliers. The wood was beautiful and knot free. Didn't break a one
      when ripping them down or machining the bead and cove. You may want to try
      them.

      Bill

        I've been nosing around all over the place and have
        run up against a block.

        Are there suppliers out there that carry long boards
        of the cedar and other woods we need? Are you guys
        lapping together boards to make the length? I've only
        found boards of 6ft lengths, and would need to lap 3
        together to make the 18ft required by the plans. Or
        am I totally missing something?

        Sorry if this has already been beat to death.

        Gwen

        * Visit your group "cedarstripcanoes
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cedarstripcanoes> " on the web.

        _____

        Paddling gear Canoeing and kayaking Wood strip Kayak paddling

      • Bechard, Bill
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
          They may. It doesn't cost anything to ask. I'm not sure who they ordered it
          from. If I knew I would give you the phone number and address. Good luck.
          FYI. I paid about $270 for the four boards in the dimensions I stated in my
          response earlier.

          <http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/>
          <http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/
          <http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/> >

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "cedarstripcanoes
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cedarstripcanoes

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >
          Terms of Service.

          _____

          Paddling gear Canoeing and kayaking Wood strip Kayak paddling

          Paddling
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Paddling+gear&w1=Paddling+gear&w2=Canoe
          ing+and+kayaking&w3=Wood+strip&w4=Kayak+paddling&c=4&s=82&.sig=8gcTJlXy4X4yo
          L6LXVb8Sg> gear
          Canoeing
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Canoeing+and+kayaking&w1=Paddling+gear&
          w2=Canoeing+and+kayaking&w3=Wood+strip&w4=Kayak+paddling&c=4&s=82&.sig=HHQz2
          fRVzpVzYPYqvQuplQ> and kayaking
          Wood
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wood+strip&w1=Paddling+gear&w2=Canoeing
          +and+kayaking&w3=Wood+strip&w4=Kayak+paddling&c=4&s=82&.sig=shFhGAmM4sUjJMED
          qXS9WQ> strip

          Kayak
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Kayak+paddling&w1=Paddling+gear&w2=Cano
          eing+and+kayaking&w3=Wood+strip&w4=Kayak+paddling&c=4&s=82&.sig=tVZPufmvcXTa
          tW6DelKLfg> paddling

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS