Freedom

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hello everyone ....

      Many of you know that I have taken my time working on my cedar strip
      canoe. After a couple of years in the shop, she was commissioned
      and paddled for the first time this evening.

      She was christened "Freedom" with a bottle of Leinenkugel's Creamy
      Dark Lager.

      My dad and son were the first to paddle her. After they got back, I
      took her out by myself, and then paddled with everyone who came down
      for the event. The boat is a dream to handle and looks great on the
      water.

      Pictures are available at:
      http://purewaterpaddlers.com/Freedom/index.html

      May the water be swift beneath her keel. Keep the open side up!

      Jon
    • Galeria Companhia de Canoagem
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
        Congratulations Jon!!! And best wishes from Brazil.

        Tony Osse
        www.companhiadecanoagem.com.br
        www.canoacanadense.com.br

        Come paddle in Brazil!!!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
          Hello Jon;

          What a great looking canoe! Bet you are as proud as a new dad with this
          one, and rightly so. Looks like it likes to ride nice and high in the
          water, even with two people in it. Sits nice and level. In one of the
          shots, it looks like it might be a fairly fast craft also!

          I like the way you have the launch sequence laid out. It tells the story
          just as if I was there watching it in person.

          If you would like, you could put a shot or two of her launching in our
          folder "Launchings". It would be great to have a launch as good looking as
          Freedom adorn our humble site.

          Again, great looking boat and thank you for sharing her with us.

          Paddle safe,

          Dan Harriman
          Orange, Texas

          At 03:13 06/02/2004, you wrote:

          >Hello everyone ....
          >snip--------------
          >She was christened "Freedom" with a bottle of Leinenkugel's Creamy
          >Dark Lager.
          >
          >snip------------
          > The boat is a dream to handle and looks great on the
          >water.
          >
          >Pictures are available at:
          >http://purewaterpaddlers.com/Freedom/index.html
          >
          >May the water be swift beneath her keel. Keep the open side up!
          >
          >Jon

          .

          If at first you don't succeed, maybe you shouldn't try sky diving!

          dit dit

        • NGC704@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
            She's BEAUTIFUL!! And well worth the wait, too, I'm betting. Wowee!!! Time
            for all new HATS now, eh?

            I have been having a blast with my Squeedunk Cormorant 16 hybrid kayak. The
            last page of my little website is about learning to *handle* her, and tonight I
            look forward to my first roll lesson. Glub, glub!

            Cheers,
            Kurt Maurer
            League City, Texas
            http://members.aol.com/mauair/