New Member Post Subject: FW: File - Welcome Letter

  • J. R. Sloan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2004
      I just got this neat e-pmail from a new member. Jim, thanks for the
      kind response, and I wish you luck on all your upcoming projects.
      (more comments below)

      "Jim Findley" <findleyjh@...>
      Subject: FW: File - Welcome Letter
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:50:28 -0500
      J.R.,

      Thank-you for the welcome letter. I've had a look at some of the
      conversation threads in the group, and the quality of the group looks
      great.

      I'm fairly new to boat building, but I've jumped in with both feet.
      I've built my 7 & 8 year olds a pair of canoes (roughly based on
      Fritz's Wacky Lassie), and I'm about to build a Herb McLeod OSS for
      my soon to be 4 year old son. I'm also working (slowly) on a Bolger
      Micro (with some small modifications) for my wife and I.

      What I'm looking forward to in the future is cedar stripping a
      handbuild Sunfish frame I have. I learned to sail on a sunfish, and
      I love them. I have had this vision of a cedar strip Sunfish for
      years, but I hope to get to it sometime later this year. That's why
      I joined this group.

      Thanks again for the welcome, I look forward to getting to know folks
      here and contributing in any way I can.

      Cheers,
      Jim

      Jim, if there's any way our combined experience can help you in
      finishing any of your projects, let us know. I'm especially
      interested in your Sunfish project. There are lots of applications
      for strip-building in the sailing arena. Imagine: a strip-built
      Micro. That would be SOME project!

      JR