I FINISHED!

  • Jordan A. Ambargis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2003
      This past weekend I had my first launching of a canoe I made and it
      floats! I took family and friends to Great Bay-Portsmouth, NH to
      put it in the water and did the ceremony first paddle by myself.
      As I was doing this I realized to the cheers of my family and
      friends that I was paddling in the worn seat. Ooops. It moved in
      the water well. A friend who is a canoeist said he was very
      impressed by the how well it handled, it's stability and looks. The
      only incident of concern was my yellow lab pup wanting to spend more
      time in the water than in the canoe. she had to go home early. I
      paddled around in it for about a hour and had a great time with
      friends and family. It was great. I plan to take it out again this
      weekend but I have to run in a 200 mile relay race here in NH, so I
      might be a bit tired. I will send pictures soon.

      Jordan Aristotle Ambargis

      ps. Now I am chomping at the bits to make my kayak. The wifee has
      other ideas.
    • Dan Harriman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2003
        Hello Jordan and congratulations on your new canoe!

        I am sure you will get years of enjoyment from it.
        I would sure like to see it, so post those photos soon!

        If you ever need a place to store it, just bring it on down to my house.
        I think that I can find a place for it. { ; ^ )

        Again, congratulations and have fun with it.

        Dan Harriman
        Orange, Texas

        At 10:58 09/11/2003, you wrote:

        >This past weekend I had my first launching of a canoe I made and it
        >floats! I took family and friends to Great Bay-Portsmouth, NH to
        >put it in the water and did the ceremony first paddle by myself.
        > I will send pictures soon.
        >
        >Jordan Aristotle Ambargis
        >
        >ps. Now I am chomping at the bits to make my kayak. The wifee has
        >other ideas.

        .

        If at first you don't succeed, maybe you shouldn't try sky diving!

        dit dit