Re: Tie Downs

  • J. R. Sloan <jrsloan3@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2003
      --- In cedarstripcanoes@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce C. Anderson"
      <bcanderson@c...> wrote:
      Bruce suggested a problem of wear&tear caused by tying boats at both
      front and rear: it's real! I used to hang my first Liberty on a
      pickup with racks with ties front and back, and ran into exactly that
      problem: flexing of the boat and subsequent cracks in filler, glue
      joints, etc.
      Solution: got some ratchet-belt straps from HarborFreight.com, and
      attached them to both ends of both roof rack cross pieces, using stiff
      foam rubber for padding. Problem solved, and the boat didn't even
      slip an inch!.