2151Re: [Cedar Strip Canoes] Non-corrosive screws for the gunwales

  • Jon
    Mar 7, 2006
      I would suggest using stainless steel. You should be able to get a box of 100 for about $10-$12.

      Try any place that has a lot of fasteners. Home Improvement stores will probably be the most expensive. Any hardware store should have them or be able to get them. Try someplace like Ace, True-Value, or something like that. Many of those stores have fasteners you can purchase individually. If you ask they probably have a box price.

      Around here we have a place called Fastenal that sells any type of fastener you can think of. A lot of those places claim they sell to businesses only ... so set up an account with them. A lot of them will sell to you anyway as over-the-counter sales if you tell them what you are doing.

      Good luck!

      Jon

      Bill Bechard <bechardb@...> wrote:
      Quick question. Where can I find/purchase non-corrosive flathead
      screws for the gunwales? I also need 3/8" stem banding too.

      Thanks,

      Bill

      Canoeing and kayaking Paddling gear Wood strip