Been thinking of you girls...

  • ML
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
      I finally got my website letter changed and it has been six months....sheesh. But it did take me back to our week together and how much fun it was and that wine party Kim put together. I hope I can get more people to sign up next year. It would help Gloria out I know.
      I taught the bracelet's that June showed us at my etreat and I called them "June bracelets." Everyone loved them. I had people con me out of the ones I made at West Virginia and I need to make me some new ones. I could not find the little charms June had but I bought some bigger beads to add. Some girls were really clever with what they did.
      We had great food at my retreat and it made me wish we could use the kitchen and classroom to do our own meals or have someone like Tina cook for us.
      I am having a new place next year for my retreat. I hope to find somewhere around here like Cedar Lakes. Is there anywhere so wonderful? I don't think so but then again maybe it is you girls that make me feel this way.
      Hope you are having an amazing month.
    • june varner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013

        Hi Everyone,

        Just received my John Campbell fork Art School catalog today and the cover is a Mary Lou inspired quilt from her workshop there. Looks Great!!!

        Hoping that you are having an enjoyable summer.

        Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

        June

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
          I got my catalog in the mail too - isn't it cool to see "our style" on the cover. I thought it was neat that the husband and wife both went for the same theme. Thinking of getting my hubby to go next year :)

          I finished my Flower Blocks for Mary Lou's swap group and am working on my last row for the row exchange at Quilt Guild. Then starting a couple bags for my daughter and I with a baseball theme. THEN a quilt for the grand-daughter for Christmas. Haven't been working on the story quilt much - too much summer:)

          Just wondering what everyone else is up too.

          Hugs to all
          Sharon
        • Mary Graves
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2013
            Good to hear from you June.  Our lives really find turmoil easily.  My daughter had emergency surgery on May 23 and our lives have been in uproar every since.  She came home with me to heal and is now back in her home in Indiana with still some medical problems not taken care of.  What is a Mom to do but worry.  My sweet 23 year old grandson moved in with me the week after she went home and he is adjusting to a new job, new place to live (with me) and living in the sticks.  My computer is just not fast enough for him.  We took care of that today,  My best friend in the whole world just changed from Oncology to Hospice and i am so sad and yet just want her to have quality in the rest of her life.  My husband had Hospice for seven months and i was very surprised.  Now to finish Jerry's Quilt and my baskets for the new swap.  One thing at a time.  Mary in MI
          • charlie4212002
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2013
              Mary, glad for the update on your daughter and happenings in your life.  I've been wondering how things were going since we talked.  I hope things get better for your daughter.  How do you like having someone living with you after being alone for a while?  I bet it takes some getting used to.  Keep in touch.  Hugs, Caroll in MI