Self Portrait photo

  • vegeterry
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2013
      Hey there! So glad to hear Mary's daughter will get to come home! I hope she mends quickly and well.

      I finally finished my little self portrait. It's just over 10" square. It was fun learning to use the Tsukineko inks (thank goodness for youtube). I didn't find the Sharpie laundry marker and their fabric markers I did find ended up being dried out - sat on the shelf too long, I guess. So, I went with a pigma pen. It was easier to use than I expected, but not quite as black as I would like. I've always been drawn to Susan Shie's work, so this was my first try at putting text all over a quilt. All around it was a good learning experience.

      I attended a two day Self Portrait workshop with Mary Lou several years ago and I pulled out all my notes and sketches from then. I just added a photo in our PHOTOS section.

      Please add some of your pictures! Terry :o)