Re: [ce-gnu-lug] ipv6 firewall

  • Sandeil Tenebro
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hi Joseph,

      Ip6tables filtering is working now.

      Thank you,
      Sandeil

      --- On Sat, 10/30/10, joseph blase <josifire@...> wrote:

      From: joseph blase <josifire@...>
      Subject: Re: [ce-gnu-lug] ipv6 firewall
      To: ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 30 October, 2010, 11:27 AM

      If you're familiar with iptables to save/manipulate the netfilter table, just replace the iptables(ipv4) command with (ip6tables) to do the same thing for ipv6.
      e.g the usual

      iptables-save -> ip6tables-save
      ..etc..etc

      From: joseph blase <josifire@...>
      To: ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, 28 October, 2010, 9:14 AM

      Are you using ipv6 for businesss? You can disable if you don't(alias ipv6 off), however if you're using it and want to filter I believed the  for ip6tables is the one you need to use.