Using System Testing on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

  • hard wyrd
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
      Hi Guys,

      For those who are into Ubuntu, I just released a simple video walk through of using System Testing aka "CheckBox" on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

      This is for those who are new to Ubuntu or to Linux, and are not yet well versed on the command line techniques of doing system tests. I hope you enjoy this. And feel free to leave comments as well.

      Regards!

      "Penguin, penguin, and more penguin !"

      www.madforubuntu.com
      baudizm.blogsome.com
    • Arvin Burgos
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
        Sirs,

        I am planning to utilize Ubuntu 10.4 Server for my AMD 64 Athlon X2 wiht 1Gb RAM to act as my Server PC for my new Inhouse Application via MySQL Database.

        But personally, I am more comfortable with Redhat format since I am using more Redhat from Year 2K to 2003. Any suggestions aside from Ubuntu? CentOs for Server?

        Please guide me.

        Thanks,

        Arvin

        --
        ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----
        "Penguin, penguin, and more penguin !"

        www.madforubuntu. com
        baudizm.blogsome. com

      • Jeffrey Philip Tan

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
            Sirs, Do you recommended my recent downloaded installer, the version 10.04

            BTW, unsa na mga application imo gigamitan sa Ubuntu? MySQL?

            Pasensiya na Sir. medyo nangapa pako ug balik sa Linux.

            Please advice.

            Thanks

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
              Hi Arvin,

              Work with what u feel comfortable with. The latest centos would probably suit u best.

              If u want to explore other options, like ubuntu, go for it.

              Best regards,

              John Clark

              "Sent via BlackBerry from Smart"

              From: Jeffrey Philip Tan <jeffphiltan@...>
              Sender: ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:20:30 +0800
              To: <ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
                OK Sirs Noted.

                Mo try lang sa ko sa mga downloadable Live CD.

                Godbless and More Power sa Group

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
                  here's the site.. depending of your setup 64bit or 32bit, I'm still using 32bit though

                  http://www.ubuntu.com/server/get-ubuntu/download

                  ubuntu installations,hmm... Mysql, java, php, apache, tomcat, VMWare Server 2, Shorewall Firewall,
                  that I can remember...

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
                    Heya.

                    Choice of distro would depend on your needs and your capacity to maintain it. If you're used to classic Redhat or CentOS, why change? On the other hand, Ubuntu has more software packages and updated versions (take it from the guy who has to roll custom RPMs for our CentOS boxes), although some people would say older = more tested = more stable. Even if you go with Ubuntu, I would recommend going with an older, more established release, and just update packages and security patches. Conventional wisdom says that running a fresh release for production is just asking for trouble.

                    --
                    pmv
                    PGP keyID 0xEA5EB160

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
                          Noted Sir.

                          Daghang Salamat

                        • rafiks@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 7, 2010
                            Take note the master himself uses Fedora. So. ...

                            Ralph Bacolod ,MT
                            HTTP://devora.homelinux.org
                            twitter : rafiks

                            From: Arvin Burgos <arvinlinux@...>
                            Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:03:05 +0800 (SGT)
                            To: <ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com>

                            Noted Sir.

                            Daghang Salamat

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 9, 2010
                              Sirs, Another clarification before I can start downloading the ISO's. Which is which?

                              I have a Red Fox AMD 64 Athlon X2 Motherboard and Processor, Should I download the x86 64 installers or the i386? I am planning to use Centos4.7

                              Please help and guide me.

                              THanks

                              For those who are into Ubuntu, I just released a simple video walk through of using System Testing aka "CheckBox" on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

                              This is for those who are new to Ubuntu or to Linux, and are not yet well versed on the command line techniques of doing system tests. I hope you enjoy this. And feel free to leave comments as well.

                              Regards!

                              --
                              ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----
                              "Penguin, penguin, and more penguin !"