Server

  • Jeffrey Philip Tan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 3:56 AM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Jeffrey Philip Tan <jeffphiltan@...>
      Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 14:15:23 +0800
      Subject: Server
      To: e-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com

      Guys,

      whats the best server you can suggest for a Small and Medium Businesses? HP?
      Dell?

      I dont need those rack types or blade servers hehe

      Also im planning to install a virtualization software, VMWare ESX and
      hopefully the server will meet its requirements

      thanks

    • ralph bacolod
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2 4:14 AM
        dell's poweredge t100

        On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 07:56:34PM +0800, Jeffrey Philip Tan wrote:
> [...]

        Ralph Bacolod,RMT,MT
        http://rbacolod.blogspot.com
      • pmv
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2 5:46 AM
          What kind of applications? Sun T2000 for thread-heavy apps. 8x8 = 64 concurrent threads! Great productivity/consumption ratio.

          On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:14 PM, ralph bacolod <rafiks@...> wrote:
          dell's poweredge t100

          On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 07:56:34PM +0800, Jeffrey Philip Tan wrote:

          Ralph Bacolod,RMT,MT
          http://rbacolod.blogspot.com

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:ce-gnu-lug-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:ce-gnu-lug-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          pmv
          PGP keyID 0xEA5EB160
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2 6:29 AM
            just web server, mysql database... but i was planning to put the server on vistualization... something to experiment also hehe ...

            planning not to go above 50 if ever it possible

            On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:46 PM, pmv <pvenegas@...> wrote:

            What kind of applications? Sun T2000 for thread-heavy apps. 8x8 = 64 concurrent threads! Great productivity/consumption ratio.

            On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:14 PM, ralph bacolod <rafiks@...> wrote:
            dell's poweredge t100

            On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 07:56:34PM +0800, Jeffrey Philip Tan wrote:

            <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: