DNSSEC: Give Me A Reason...

  • manny
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Give Me A Reason...
      December 2nd, 2008 by Maddog
      http://www.infoweapons.com/blog/?p=212

      Do you need a reason to deploy DNSSEC? You might want to read this
      comment:

      DNSSEC is a colossal flop, but not a mistake. It’s an
      embarrassment, but we’d do it all again if we had to. It’s
      late -- it was started years before the IPv6 effort but is
      (believe it if you can) even less finished and less
      deployed than IPv6. It’s ugly and complicated and if we
      knew then what we know now we’d've scrapped DNS itself and
      started from scratch just to avoid the compromises we’ve
      made. But we didn’t know then, etc., and what we have to
      do now is avert our gaze and fully deploy this ugly
      embarrassing thing.

      Interesting opinion. Just as interesting is the person who wrote it: Paul
      Vixie. You know him. He’s the guy who is the President of Internet Systems
      Consortium, the group that maintains BIND, which is the software that most
      DNS servers are based on.

      Read the entire post at:
      http://www.infoweapons.com/blog/?p=212

      --
      Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to
      do what we ought. -- Pope John Paul II

      Online Petition Against HB 5043 (Lagman anti-life Bill)
      http://www.petitiononline.com/xxhb5043/petition.html

      PHNix TechNet (tech blog): http://www.phnix.net
      PHNix Network Advocate (advocacy blog): http://mamador.wordpress.com
      Personal website: http://mannyamador.multiply.com