2008 Could Be the Start of the IPv6 Migration Boom

  • manny
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      2008 Could Be the Start of the IPv6 Migration Boom
      March 1st, 2008 by Maddog
      http://infoweapons.com/blog/?p=120

      With just four months to go before the deadline for that requires U.S.
      Federal agencies' networks to be IPv6-capable, things should be getting
      interesting. The prediction by Joe Oltsik of ZDNet News two months ago, in
      "Get ready for a rocking '08 in networking tech", is worth reading
      again:

      We will see both push and pull in 2008. As of June 30, all
      federal government agency backbones must be ready to transmit
      both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic. This in turn means that every
      supplier to the government must also support IPv6. Vendors
      will want to get a return on this R&D expense and will
      therefore push IPv6 hard into the private sector. While this
      will produce limited results, the IPv6 buzz will really heat
      up toward the end of 2008 as mobile and "smart" device
      penetration leads to a new panic about IP address shortages.
      Look for widespread deployment at the twilight of the decade.

      Read the entire post at:
      http://infoweapons.com/blog/?p=120

      --
      Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to
      do what we ought. -- Pope John Paul II

      --[Manny Amador]-------------------------------------[manny@...]--
      Alternative Information and Opinion at http://www.phnix.net
      Advocacy blog: http://mamador.wordpress.com
      Personal website: http://mannyamador.multiply.com
      --[Pro-Life Philippines]-------------------[http://www.prolife.org.ph]--
    • John Clark Naldoza
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        and the meteoric rise for Infoweapon stocks :)

        On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, manny <manny@...> wrote:

        > 2008 Could Be the Start of the IPv6 Migration Boom
        > March 1st, 2008 by Maddog
        > http://infoweapons.com/blog/?p=120
        >
        > With just four months to go before the deadline for that requires U.S.
        > Federal agencies' networks to be IPv6-capable, things should be getting
        > interesting. The prediction by Joe Oltsik of ZDNet News two months ago, in
        > "Get ready for a rocking '08 in networking tech", is worth reading
        > again:
        >
        > We will see both push and pull in 2008. As of June 30, all
        > federal government agency backbones must be ready to transmit
        > both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic. This in turn means that every
        > supplier to the government must also support IPv6. Vendors
        > will want to get a return on this R&D expense and will
        > therefore push IPv6 hard into the private sector. While this
        > will produce limited results, the IPv6 buzz will really heat
        > up toward the end of 2008 as mobile and "smart" device
        > penetration leads to a new panic about IP address shortages.
        > Look for widespread deployment at the twilight of the decade.
        >
        > Read the entire post at:
        > http://infoweapons.com/blog/?p=120
        >
        > --
        > Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to
        > do what we ought. -- Pope John Paul II

        > Alternative Information and Opinion at http://www.phnix.net
        > Advocacy blog: http://mamador.wordpress.com
        > Personal website: http://mannyamador.multiply.com
        > --[Pro-Life Philippines]-------------------[http://www.prolife.org.ph]--

      • michael schmeissser
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          as long as the network IPV4 do have to tunnel to some tunnel broker,
          does such not make it very easy for big brother to monitor all traffic?

          Mike