Christmas is Cebu

  • David R. Meyer
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hello,

      After too long away our family is coming back to Cebu in December for
      Christmas. Are there any CE-GNU-LUG events between the 20th of December
      and the 3rd of Jan? Would like to meet some of you.

      Dave
    • Vincent `Bentong` S. Isles
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
        --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Meyer" <david@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > After too long away our family is coming back to Cebu in December for
        > Christmas. Are there any CE-GNU-LUG events between the 20th of
        December
        > and the 3rd of Jan? Would like to meet some of you.
        >
        > Dave

        I second the motion. Would be glad to volunteer 2 bottles of beer :)

        --Vincent Isles
        http://techyteacher.wordpress.com/
      • David R. Meyer
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
          If we are talking beer, then I will bring the first two cases of San
          Miguel.
        • Ryan Luyao
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
            Let's get together this December. We could vote for a date right here.
            I'll bring a couple of large pizza from JCA.

            --
            Ryan Luyao
            Linux User #374225
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
              David,

              Are you in the US? If so, are you somewhere around in the Los Angeles area?

              --
              Ryan Luyao
              Linux User #374225
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                I arrive in Cebu on the 20th of December and leave on the 3rd of
                January. My wife's family lives in Naga, south of the city. If you can
                give me a couple of days to adjust to the time, let's pick a place and
                I'll buy the first two cases of San Miguel (we don't get the little
                brown bottles here in the US).

                Dave

                --
                David R. Meyer
                www.davidmeyer.org

                “If your ride through life is not as smooth as you'd like it to be, blaming the road may not be the answer” – Zig Ziglar
              • David R. Meyer
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                  No. I live in Tampa, FL. However, I am in LA frequently, as well as San
                  Francisco / Silicon Valley. In fact, I'll have 12 hours to kill on the
                  18th in LA between flights.

                  Dave

                  --
                  David R. Meyer
                  www.davidmeyer.org

                  “If your ride through life is not as smooth as you'd like it to be, blaming the road may not be the answer” – Zig Ziglar
                • William Yu
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                    John and company used to have activities. However, i wont be in cebu this Christmas season. Sigh.

                    If we are talking beer, then I will bring the first two cases of San
                    Miguel.

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • David R. Meyer
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                      That's OK...more beer for me :-)

                      --
                      David R. Meyer
                      www.davidmeyer.org

                      “If your ride through life is not as smooth as you'd like it to be, blaming the road may not be the answer” – Zig Ziglar
                    • Bimbo Garcia
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                        That's a good idea. I will be in Cebu this coming December, perhaps for medical treatment but after that week-long treatment I could be able to drink beer again and join with your xmas affair. :)

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                          I propose an afternoon or evening event on Friday the 21st or Saturday
                          the 22nd. Anyone else want to comment?

                          Dave

                          --
                          David R. Meyer
                          www.davidmeyer.org

                          “If your ride through life is not as smooth as you'd like it to be, blaming the road may not be the answer” – Zig Ziglar
                        • ralph bacolod
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                            hey! I live near you in Sebring,,thats abot 2 hours away!

                            On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 06:13:47PM -0400, David R. Meyer wrote:
                            > No. I live in Tampa, FL. However, I am in LA frequently, as well as San
                            > Francisco / Silicon Valley. In fact, I'll have 12 hours to kill on the
                            > 18th in LA between flights.

                            > Dave

                            > Ryan Luyao wrote:

                            > > David,

                            > > Are you in the US? If so, are you somewhere around in the Los Angeles
                            > > area?

                            > > On Nov 1, 2007 7:00 PM, David R. Meyer <david@...
                            > > <mailto:david%40davidmeyer.org>> wrote:

                            > > > Hello,

                            > > > After too long away our family is coming back to Cebu in December for
                            > > > Christmas. Are there any CE-GNU-LUG events between the 20th of December
                            > > > and the 3rd of Jan? Would like to meet some of you.

                            > > > Dave

                            > > --
                            > > Ryan Luyao
                            > > Linux User #374225
                            > > http://counter.li.org <http://counter.li.org>
                            > > -= Apache Inside =-
                            Ralph Bacolod,RMT,MT
                            http://rbacolod.blogspot.com
                          • Ryan Luyao
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 2, 2007
                              Why dont you guys come over here at LA and lets have a drink!

                              --
                              Ryan Luyao
                              Linux User #374225
                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 6, 2007
                                I'll go for evening on the 21st or the 22nd. I still have to attend to
                                my school's outreach program on the morning and afternoon of the 21st. :)

                                --Vincent Isles
                                http://techteacher.wordpress.com