RE: [ce-gnu-lug] Re: Talk at SWU

  • David Rumptz
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006

      Could we do it viturally? I am on Saipan.

      Rumptz

      David Rumptz
      PO Box 7362 SVRB
      Saipan, MP 96950

      Web Site

      From: "Clint Christopher Canada" <clintcan@...>
      To: ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ce-gnu-lug] Re: Talk at SWU
      Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:12:08 -0000

      Peace!

      Interesting. :D What day would this be and what time?

      God bless!

      Clint

      --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogro ups.com, "Jeffrey Philip Tan"
      <jeffphiltan@ ...> wrote:

      > um when is this?
      >
      > On 10/31/06, John Clark Naldoza <njclark@... > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Guys,
      > >
      > > Anyone want to have a talk (or series of talks) about Linux/Open
      > > Source Software over at SWU -- College of Engineering? :)
      > >
      > > Open Invitation, topics can vary from Introduction to OSS, to perhaps
      > > having applications that can be used by engineering students
      > > especially for projects :)
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > John Clark

      Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!
    • Clint Christopher Canada
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        Peace!

        If anyone has a dedicated server on fat bandwidth, I can whip up the
        following:

        1. streamcast/icecast server - stream nv and let the people on the
        other side open up winamp and look at the live teaching. Insanely
        simple to set up in a linux server.
        2. darwin streaming server - heck it's open source (apple though)!
        Tried compiling it one time, works wonderfully and you can stream mpeg
        4 and quicktime live. Unfortunately you need a mac to broadcast
        (there are free mpeg4 broadcast softwares for pcs, but they are not so
        simple and good)
        3. real - I tried this and works good. Unfortunately the free version
        of this can support up to 5 streams. We can try compiling the helix
        servers though and it's open source.

        And there's always the route of recording the lectures, then
        converting them to flash (flv format) to be hosted on the cegnulug
        site. :) (ffmpeg does a wonderful job of encoding mov, wmv, avi, ram
        and a host of other video files into flv format - the svn version is
        wonderful!).

        Anyways, if you guys are interested in doing recorded cegnulug
        lectures to be hosted on the cegnulug site, just tell me. John, any
        suggestions or comments?

        God bless

        Clint

        ---------------------------------------

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
          Err? WOW ? I do not know which ever you want. I have a Mac laptop (from
          work) a couple of Linux boxes and a Win box so I could use any way you
          recommended. The only problem is I have to get a web camera - I am pretty
          sure I can get a cheap one from work.

          Just let me know what I have to do. You kinda confused me on the setting up
          the server thing. Remember I am just a Linux user not a computer programmer
          like the rest of the group. Sure I know more than the average user but I
          have never take a computer class.

          Rumptz

          <P>David Rumptz <BR>PO Box 7362 SVRB <BR>Saipan, MP 96950 </P>
          <P><A href="http://www.geocities.com/rumptz_sh8kr/">Web Site</A>
          </P></FONT></DIV></html>

          WOW